its strange to see how x vs y wars can generate so many responses.

if they are good we can adapt, if we are good we have nothing to worry.

On 5/25/07, Trustin Lee <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi Holger,

On 5/25/07, Holger Hoffstaette <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Fri, 25 May 2007 08:45:34 +0900, Trustin Lee wrote:
>
> > The HEAD revision of AsyncWeb highly depends on MINA and had significant
> > performance improvement.  It seems like they used older release (or
didn't
> > use a lightweight asyncweb example).  Moreover, I don't think MINA
doesn't
> > have any noticeably big margin for improvement in performance, at least
> > from the following performance test report.
> >
> > http://mina.apache.org/performance-test-reports.html
>
> That's a fantastic report! However it would be fair to the poor old Apache
> if you enabled mod_cache and used a newer version (2.2) with a threaded
> mpm - I assume you ran the worker model? While that is popular for
> deployments for many good reasons, it's not a fair comparison to what Mina
> does.
> Other than that keep up the great work :)

Thanks for pointing out the issues with my tests.  I'd like to run the
test again with more powerful machines and update the report someday.

Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/
--
PGP Key ID: 0x0255ECA6