On 6/13/07, Stefano Bagnara <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Enrique Rodriguez ha scritto:
> In any case, the focus should be on the asynch client since that is
> the most pressing need.

Here is a list of goals:

1) MINA based dns protocol/codec/message objects

2) MINA based client, supporting multiple server, timeouts, recursions,
supporting TCP and UDP, reusing a single (or a pool) of connections/ports.

3) Pluggable Cache, DNSSEC, TSIG support.

4) a very small authoritative only, non recursive DNS server to run
integration tests for DNS based products.

As far as I understand the Directory project is also interested in
creating a full recursive dnsserver.
This will need a storage and a lot more of code and maybe this will
belong to directory (as Emmanuel says).
The directory project will probably use the dns client as is for the
recursion and the dns protocol/codecs part to write the server part.

Thank you Stefano for summarizing the discussion.  Let's start from
these four goals if there's no objection.

MINA PMC is discussing about hosting the project under MINA project or
Lab.  Hopefully I will get back to you guys with the answer soon.
Stay tuned!

Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/
--