Vinod Panicker wrote:

Seconded.  If I've learned one thing from server development, it is
that each component should be tested thoroughly before it is used as a
dependency.  Hibernate may be a boon for certain people, but it really
doesn't cut it when performance is a concern - at least that's what we
found out.

I personally know the authors and designers of the Hibernate.
Really weird guys :)

However, the same rule (and that's why I like it) can be
applied to the Mina as well. Usability, then performance.
IMHO it is more important that you have an adaptable infrastructure
then a optimized one for a specific task.
After all, if you know all usage then it's pretty straightforward,
however, the next use case will put you back to the start line.

It's always kind of balance between generic and performance, and
projects that cope to handle that thin line are successful one.
Others are simply gone no mater how performant they were.

Regards,
Mladen.