Hi,

I am sorry if this reply is not exactly what you may be expecting back. I am sure around here there are many experts that will have many more interesting replies then this one. However could you please explain to me (and possible others) what Asynch[ronous] Http Client is, and what are its advantages? If I know exactly what it is then I can imagine ways on how to use it :)

Thanks and Regards,
Sim085

From: Jeff Genender <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: dev@mina.apache.org
Subject: Asynchronous Http Client donation
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 20:19:07 -0600

Hi,

First, I want to say that I am a big fan of Mina.  For those who don't
know me (which is everyone), I am a committer on Geronimo and have had
several people ask about an async http client API to use with our NIO
clients with comet for the 2.0 Geronimo server.  We have had folks who
want to be able to do HTTP calls to 3rd party servers from servlets/web
apps to get content, and not tie up a thread while its doing its thing.
 So I decided to try to whip together an API that was similar to Commons
HttpClient, fully asynchronous, but based on Mina...and I think I have
80-90% of it completed.  It is here:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/sandbox/AsyncHttpClient

For what it's worth...it doesn't seem appropriate for Geronimo. So I
would like to donate it to Mina.  Please have a look at it and give me
feed back for if I have gone down the right path.  It can be enhanced
greatly as this is just a start, but I think it can be very useful and
become a powerful API with everyone moving to NIO.

Don't hold back any comments ;-)  I would really like to see an API like
this and I believe Mina is just perfect for this.

Please let me know what you think..and if you don't think its right for
Mina..thats ok too ;-)  But getting your feedback would be best for
me...and making this a community project is even better ;-)

Jeff

Don't just search. Find. Check out the new MSN Search! http://search.msn.com/