On Thu, 13 Sep 2007 13:02:25 -0400
Mark <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I am looking to write a provider that performs NIO on a Unix Domain
> Socket. This would be used to communicate between JVMs on the same
> box and do it in a way that is faster than TCP.

Hi Mark,

My APR based connector is starting purring. TCP & UDP are supported
(I think SCTP too but I made no test). Perhaps I can force/modify APR
for supporting Unix domain socket. Unix socket can be very usefull too
for communication between a C prog and a Java one, but I'm not sure
nowadays loopback UDP is really slower than Unix sockets.

Julien