On 9/28/07, tiandike <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> if i use ProtocolCodecFilter  , do ExecutorFilter in the filterchain?

ProtocolCodecFilter and ExecutorFilter are orthogonal features

You can use one without the other, or both together.
You can put the ExecutorFilter before or after the ProtocolCodecFilter, ...

In MINA 2.0 it should also be possible to have more than one ProtocolCodecFilter

It all depends on what you want to achieve.
Have you read this : http://mina.apache.org/configuring-thread-model.html

"For an application with a ProtocolCodecFilter implemetation and a
usual IoHandler implementation with database operations, I'd suggest
you to add the ExecutorFilter after the ProtocolCodecFilter
implementation. It is because the performance characteristic of most
protocol codec implementations is CPU-bound, which is the same with
I/O processor threads."

Maarten