See I'm just trying to think of ways in which better UNIX integration
can be optionally incorporated.  Another thing I like is logging to
/var/log/secure which get's picked up by things like DenyHosts to
feedback into these primitive access lists.

I was thinking about how to do this for ApacheDS but it seemed to me
like it might benefit more than just LDAP.  It's something that might
benefit several protocols that run on *NIX systems.

Perhaps this is unnecessary don't know.  Hence the request for feedback.

Alex