Hi Maarten,

Correct me if I am missing something.
dispose() seems to release all ressources from the IoService (or connector), so
when you don't need anymore the
connector.
setWorkerTimeout() was intend to release one thread only inside the pool of
threads after the specified timeout
after no use.

I read the code, specially from the 6 months ago trunk version and the current
version.
It seems that in previous version Mina tries to re-use thread during some time
before returning
them definitively to the pool (or to nothing since the default pool was
NewThreadExecutor).
In case of NewThreadExecutor, trying to reuse thread instead of created a new
one everyone,
I suppose it was the point.
Am I correct if I say that, since the underlying pool of thread in the new trunk
is a CachedPool, you don't need anymore this function as you rely on the
pool management from CachedPool itself, such that Mina don't have to take care
of this ?

The more I read, the more I found myself (I hope not in wrong direction).
It was just a quick question as some users from 1.x will probably ask the
question too
in a few weeks or so... So probably a new point in the "Change from 1.x to 2"
web page.

Frederic