Hi Qi,

On Dec 6, 2007 12:17 PM, Qi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I'm looking to write a client-server application which has a multi-threaded
> client (2500+ threads per client). Each thread needs to send and receive
> messages with the server, though the sending frequency is pretty low(2-3
> messages(of 1k bytes each) per minute per thread). I just wonder which
> thread-ioSession mapping model would suit this scenario better?

It doesn't depend on the number of clients but depends on what your
IoHandler does.  If it doesn't interact with any other backends such
as database which take time, then you are safe to remove all
ExecutorFilters and disable ThreadModel.  Otherwise, you will need at
least one ExecutorFilter.

> I'm looking to start this component with MINA 2.0,  could you please also
> suggest a consider-to-be-stable revision ?

I can't.  I want to start a vote for releasing the first milestone though.

HTH,
Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/
--