For my product, I am using the 2.x code because I feel that there are enough
of a difference that I do not want to have to change code once 2.x is
relesed.  Plus this allows us to familiarize ourselves with one version
instead of 2.

--
The adjuration to be "normal" seems shockingly repellent to me; I see