On Dec 14, 2007 2:41 AM, Trustin Lee <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Dec 13, 2007 11:35 PM, Frederic Soulier <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Hi Trustin
> >
> > Thx for your answer. It makes sense.
> >
> > In our case UDP messages from clients are guaranteed to fit in 1 UDP
> > packet therefore the fact that UDP packet #2 may arrive before UDP
> > packet #1 is not relevant. At our level we just get message #2 before
> > message #1 and they are completely independant.
> > Obviously should the need arise to have larger messages from the
> > client we'll have to reconstruct the messages using UDP packets in
> > the right order.
> >
> > The 2nd interesting finding which is more disconcerting is that using
> > MINA 1.1.3 there's effectively no accumulation by the
> > CumulativeProtocolDecoder for UDP traffic.
> > We skipped MINA 1.1.4 because of an issue with ProtocolCodecExection
> > I reported.
> > With MINA 1.1.5 the ProtocolCodecException works as per 1.1.3 but the
> > CumulativeProtocolDecoder now accumulates data for UDP!
> >
> > Our app using 1.1.3 --> no accumulation for UDP
> > Our app using 1.1.4 --> accumulation for UDP
> >
> > Could you confirm this change of behaviour?
>
> That's very weird.  If so, it's a compatibility bug.  At least, in
> 2.0, it should do nothing if TransportMetadata.hasFragmentation()
> returns false.  I think I didn't touch a line in
> CumulativeProtocolDecoder in 1.x anyway.  Let me check it out and get
> back to you.

Yeah, it seems like nobody made change in CumulativeProtocolDecoder.
It's probably a side effect of some changed in other parts of the
core.  I don't know where it is though.  Let me fix this in 2.0 rather
than addressing it in 1.x, because it basically doesn't make sense to
a UDP application to send a partial message and we don't have any
means to figure out the transport has fragmentation or not.

Thanks again for your understanding.
Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/
--