quicksilverm28 wrote:
I am newbie to MINA. I initially had implemented StreamIOHandler. It seems
that it is still SYNCHRONOUS and not NIO based. Is my understanding correct
? Does this mean that I lose all the benefits of MINA because of this
approach.

Well, you are using Java NIO under the hood. But your StreamIoHandler is not non-blocking. You will still suffer from the one-thread-per-connection problem. So, yes, using StreamIoHandler you lose much of the benefits. E.g. you cannot take advantage of MINA's codec filters because you have to work with byte streams.

/Niklas