Michael Bauroth wrote:

> is there a special reason, why the NioSocketConnector hasn't the same
> methods like the acceptors (bind, unbind, isBound vs. connect,
> disconnect, isConnected)? Would be fine if somebody could bring some
> more light into this :)

Hi!
I think that's because the Acceptor listens to at a specific port and is
therfore bound to this port. Just because an acceptor is bound, that doesn't
mean that there are any connections. There's even the possibility that the
Acceptor is unbound but there are still connections to clients, because the
"real" communication is handled over different ports. A connector connects
itself to a server, so there are just 2 posibilites: it is connected to
somewhere, or it isn't.

hth

Steve