I created a simple protocol filter following the IOFilter tutorial (Version
1.x).  I found that MessageReceived of the superclass was sending the
message to the next filter prior to filterWrite execution.  I failed to see
the warning Unless overriden, any received events will be forward to the
next filter immediately:. I took care of that but it started me thinking
about what is the event lifecycle of filters.  I see that there is an
intention to document the architecture hopefully including the event
lifecycle(s) but would it be possible to get an overview in the support
forum?  That'd be great.

If I get time, I think I'll plug in the LoggingFilter and post the log
results here as a quick and dirty look at the event processing.

Cheers~