I'm pretty tired of muppets whining at me that its against netiquette. The effect is that I basically can't contribute in any way.
Beside the side effect - whining muppets -, it's a burden for us, moderators, as a lot of such mails with such 'heavy' signatures are considered as likely spams, and we have to validate dozens of them every day...

I can't see this sort of thing going away. We'll have to accept it if the net is to be a tool for adults to use. Shouldn't be too hard to make it so that mailers can fold it like they do with headers.
Damn yes ! And make the lawyers stop freaking out at the same time...

cordialement, regards,
directory.apache.org