Wilson Yeung wrote:
It would be quite nice to be able to do something equivalent to sendto() with
a DatagramAcceptor or a DatagramConnector.

I've written a UDP application based on Mina that sends precisely 1 packet
to 1 million end points, and waits for 1 packet from 1 million end points. Each 2 packet exchange is 1 Mina IoSession, and I continuously reuse the
same 1000 - 5000 prebound IoSession objects, that is, I keep 1000 - 5000 of
these exchanges in flight at a time.

My opinion is that there should simply be one IoSession for all datagram
sockets.  MINA cannot have a valid notion of a session because the underlying
protocol might not have such a notion.  Creating IoSessions for every packet
or pair of packets is supremely wasteful.

- DML