I think it would be also interesting to discuss the higher-level
appeal of MINA.  For anyone not familiar with it at the talk, I think
the amazing thing about MINA is how easily you can create really
robust, high performance clients and servers for any protocol
extremely quickly -- the advantages of the abstractions in the API.

It gives developers incredible latitude to implement existing
protocols and/or to create completely new ones.  That's a huge gift
and a major boost for maximizing the creative potential of developers
on the Internet.

-Adam

--
http://www.littleshoot.org