On Tue, Nov 4, 2008 at 6:10 PM, Emmanuel Lecharny <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> while thinking about the best possible implementation for the new chain, I
> had a look at the ExecutorFilter which is quite an interesting filter, wrt
> the way we handle the chain.
>
> Remember that a session may handle more than one event at the same time,
> especially when using the executor filter, as you may have read and write
> event being processed (if I'm not totally wrong).
>
> Also, as the executor filter will multiplex the processing, this may occur
> that the chain will potentially be shared by many threads. Currently, there
> is no protection against such potential concurrent modification if we use an
> ExecutorFilter.
>
> So I would be interested to know if you are using this filter, and if so,
> how. Here is a list of questions I have :
>
> 1) Are you using the ExecutorFilter ?

Yes

> 2) Where in the chain do you put this filter ?

Multiple places to implement SEDA (before ProtocolDecoder, before IoHandler)

> 3) what if the IoHandler itself implement an executor instead of using a
> specific filter ?

Not much of help in my architecture. Hope we will still be able to use
Executor filter as we do today.

> 4) Is this a problem if the chain is not protected when using an
> ExecutorFilter ?

Not sure if I can comment on this, but does this mean same byte chunk
(IoBuffer) can be processed by more than one thread?
If it can be, I have flow in my implementation :-(

--
thanks
ashish

Blog: http://www.ashishpaliwal.com/blog