________________________________
De : Emmanuel Lecharny <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
À : dev@mina.apache.org
Envoyé le : Jeudi, 6 Novembre 2008, 16h34mn 20s
Objet : Re: poll VmPipe

Dan Creswell wrote:
> Hmmm, if VmPipe is done right it should allow me to build an app/service on
> top of MINA that can easily be tested all inside of a single JVM (good for
> unit testing amongst other things) or deployed fully networked with minimum
> code disruption.

Well, if you just use VmPipe to unit test your deployed networked development,
then I think that the potential improvement you may gain from avoiding an
encoding/decoding call is irrelevant. More than that, I would expect my unit
test to behave as the real program works, ie using the sockets instead of a
fake communication inside the JVM.

AFAIR, the base idea was to eliminate the need to use sockets to exchange data
between two threads in the same JVM. Blocking queues are ok for such purpose
those days, no ?

-- --
cordialement, regards,
directory.apache.org