I am not currently using this for anything, I am sure that given
enough time I could come up with reasons for using it.  OTOH, if we
are looking to streamline the baseline, I say remove it and maybe
create a filter repository that people can get to for  additional
filters.  Something similar to what Apache has done with its modules.

--Mark