Has anyone done any work with the APR stuff? (I am asking the same
question on the tomcat dev list...)

Thanks to the input I got from this list I managed to fix some issues
with my AprDatagramAcceptor and Connector. Now I experience the
following problem when using them. I am trying to send a message out on
every interface of the system, so I try this:

scenario 1)
- the receiver has a AprDatagramAcceptor up and running
- the sender uses "connector.connect(remoteaddr)", gets a session and
writes to it
- the receiver receives it just fine and can even write a reply to the
session which is received on the other side...

scenario 2)
- the receiver is unchanged
- the otherwise identical sender uses "connector.connect(remoteaddr, new
InetSocketAddress("127.0.0.1",0)), gets a session which looks ok (source
and dest ips and ports look good) and writes to it, no exception thrown...
- the receiver does not receive anything...
- wireshark lists the outgoing packet however...
- all the calls on the way, including newHandle(localAddress) and
connect(handle, remoteAddress) return APR_SUCCESS...

any ideas where the problem may lie?

cheers,
lorenz