Thanks Mark! would be waiting for this :-)

Just to give you my thoughts on this. Although my end needs are
slightly different than your, but yes our solutions
share something in common

We can develop real good and high performance application with MINA,
but the enterprise Environments need
more than that, reliability is one of the key requirements:-)

Once we receive a message we have to ensure that, we process it and respond.
And this is what I intended to do

1. Once the message is received and is not lost, coz of a crash
(something like clustered cache)
2. Response must be sent for each message received (for 99.99% cases),
calls for clustered session management

It lead me to think that having a clustered/load-balanced IoFilter
chain can be good option.
.
Also, didn't want to reinvent the wheel as most App servers do this,
so the question is
1. should we do it at network layer in MINA as I am thinking, or
2. We take the messages till handler and let it handle the same, and
use MINA just as networking function, something similar to what Tomcat
coyote connector does.

- ashish