>> One thing that can be done meanwhile is upload the XMPP compliance
>> report on wiki.
>
> Did you get it to work?? I never managed to run the ant apt task
> properly, I had to use the command line apt with lots of workarounds
> (Might be due to me using MaOSX or something).

Not yet, just browsing the code. will give it a shot

>> I did saw the compliance package, and its really great way of
>> capturing Spec compliance.
>
> +1. If you put the generated HTML into the javadoc root, all the links
> should also work.
>
>> We can do something similar for FtpServer and SSHD (typically for
>> project where we need RFC compliance).
>>
>> Meanwhile, as we wait for the Voting and other formalities to
>> complete, here are possible directions to work spend our energies
>> 1. Generic XML Codec - We can work towards making a generic XML Codec
>> and may be make it as part of MINA Core. In Vysper, we can reuse the
>> same.
>
> +1. XMPP uses a subset of XML, so Vysper's current impl is sufficent
> for now. I think this is a worthwhile thing to do, and will
> definitively participate in the discussion, but I lack time and
> energie to help with coding.

Don't worry about this, our community is very active.

Check this out
http://www.nabble.com/XML-Pull-Parser-based-XML-Decoder-implementation-td23022865.html

>> 2. Can think of some suitable place for Spec compliance package and
>> try to see possible use in other projects
>
> +1
>
>> 3. Wiki is a definite candidate to be worked upon.
>>
>> 4. Can try to see the possible use of State Machine decoder, while
>> decoding XML or alternatively see how we extend and use a streaming
>> parser.
>>
>> 5. Some benchmarking shall be a good to have. We will be competing
>> with Openfire (hope have picked the right name), which again use MINA
>> for transport layer.
>
> +1. All effort until now went into making it spec compliant (ongoing),
> no time into making it performant. To catch up with Openfire will be a
> lot of work (an understatement). I think at first we will run into
> simple obstacles. And yes, this is perhaps one of the most important
> todos.

I guess we can work this out. We have a very active community to help
us out here.

>> Trying to understand the code a little more.
>
> Let me know where you need more explanation.

I did worked on XMPP, during a POC. Been through openser, Openfire.
The number for specs on XMPP scared me away ;-)

--
thanks
ashish

Blog: http://www.ashishpaliwal.com/blog