Niklas Gustavsson wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 20, 2009 at 11:18 PM, Guillaume Nodet <gno...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Mon, Apr 13, 2009 at 10:55, Ashish <paliwalash...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> One thing that can be done meanwhile is upload the XMPP compliance
>>> report on wiki.
>>>
>>> I did saw the compliance package, and its really great way of
>>> capturing Spec compliance.
>>> We can do something similar for FtpServer and SSHD (typically for
>>> project where we need RFC compliance).
>> You mean some kind of TCK ? where would it come from ?

There is none.
The compliance package is only about documentation, not testing.

However, there is infrastructure for interoperability testing at the
XSF: http://xmpp.org/interop/

> The spec compliance package is a set of annotations to mark classes on
> which part of a RFC the implement and to which degree. Here's an
> example from Vysper:
> @SpecCompliant(spec = "RFC3920", section = "A", status =
> ComplianceStatus.IN_PROGRESS)
>

> Using that, Bernd has created a script that produces an HTML report
> that details the compliance level of an implementation.

For an example see here:

http://people.apache.org/~berndf/projects/xmpp-server/vysper/apidocs_r757398/spec_compliance.html

> I find it's
> pretty useful and would like to investigate it for FtpServer (if we
> can break it out of Vysper into a standalone JAR and it's optional at
> runtime).

+1

I'm open to extracting and completely redesigning the SpecCompliant code.

  Bernd