Hi!

On Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 22:49, Bernd Fondermann <bf_...@brainlounge.de> wrote:
> Michael Jakl wrote:
> Please be aware of XEP-0163 - Personal Eventing Protocol(*). Maybe you
> want to check that we don't implement anything contradicting it.
>
> (*) http://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0163.html

Thanks for the suggestion, judging from this

<quote>
Note: Any use cases not described herein are described in XEP-0060.
Also, this document does not show error flows related to the generic
publish-subscribe use cases referenced herein, since they are
exhaustively defined in XEP-0060. The reader is referred to XEP-0060
for all relevant protocol details related to the XMPP
publish-subscribe extension. This document merely defines a "subset"
or "profile" of XMPP publish-subscribe.
</quote>

we should have no contradictions if we are XEP-060 compliant.

Of course we could take the ideas of XEP-0163 about "every account a
pubsub service", yet I wouldn't want to reduce the pubsub
implementation to personal publishing/eventing alone. It should be
nothing more than one aspect which gets us going.

Cheers,
Michael