Michael Jakl wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I've just uploaded a patch for some PubSub/Vysper feature. If I'd continue to
> work on the sources wouldn't I come into troubles creating the next patch? How
> do you deal with such a situation?
>
> Currently I just wait until the patch is applied and work on afterwards, but
> that won't work well when I've got more time for it.

Incremental patches should work fine. If svn client encounters a local
change which fits to the update delta (the patch coming in from the
server) it is happy. If the local version has additional changes, there
might be conflicts which can be merged automagically by svn (displaying
a "G" instead of "U" for the file in the update log) or you have to
resolve the conflict manually ("C"), which is also pretty nifty in IDEA.

> Is there a Subversion command to create a patch from some savepoint on?

Not that I'm aware of. I use Intellij IDEA, which supports this poor-
man's-git feature (called "changelists"). I don't know about Eclipse.

> Or
> should I create another "full" patch against HEAD?

If you create a full, aggregated patch, I'm happy too.

  Bernd