Victor wrote:
Emmanuel,

I looked into OrderedThreadPoolExecutor code in more details - seems we need to limit both "waitingSessions" queue and "sessionTasksQueue" which is stored in IoSession. Both queues are unlimited now, so this can lead to OutOfMemory under high load.
Yes, but the "sessionTasksQueue" is never explicitly created by the user : it's created when the worker need it. We should expose a way to configure this queue.

One more question about "corePoolSize" and "maximumPoolSize" - are they used in the same manner as in ThreadPoolExecutor? I mean the following:

"
When a new task is submitted in method ThreadPoolExecutor.execute, and fewer than corePoolSize threads are running, a new thread is created to handle the request, even if other worker threads are idle. If there are more than corePoolSize but less than maximumPoolSize threads running, a new thread will be created only if the queue is full.
"

Especially the 2nd part where the queue is used instead of creating new threads.
The way the executor is created, those values are just passed to the underlying java class. We don't do anything with those values inside MINA code.

cordialement, regards,
directory.apache.org