On Sun, Jul 5, 2009 at 3:04 PM, Bernd
Fondermann<bernd.fonderm...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>> Would it make sense to allow module run either as part of the main
>> Vysper server, or as a separate component? If so, should we move
>> Vysper to a multimodule build where for example the pubsub module goes
>> into it's own JAR?
>
> That multi-module build a worthwhile goal on its own. Modules are
> already loosly coupled, they could for sure go into their own
> builds/jars.
> With components this becomes even more valuable.

I'll add a JIRA for it and we can do it when we got the time.

>> I'm all for component support, I'm looking into implementing XEP-0045
>> Multi user chat, which is also proposed to run in a component.
>
> +1, great if somebody takes this on. :-) But be warned that this might
> require a lot of work ("tip of the iceberg" analogy).
> I think MUC is much more valuable (at least to me) then components, so:
> +10 for implementing MUC! ;-)

I'm looking at MUC because it looks like much fun, so I'm not scared
by the size. That being said, the spec is 150 whopping pages so if
someone want to help out, you're more than welcome :-)

> The reason why I never had a deeper look at XEP-0114 is that it's only
> 'historical' and not part of the 'standards' track.
>
> What about doing a proper release, first? ;-)

Should we add a 0.1/1.0-M1 (or something) version in JIRA so that we
can start planning what we want in it?

/niklas