On Tue, Aug 4, 2009 at 06:24, Ashish<paliwalash...@gmail.com> wrote:
> While implementing Presence Cache for Vysper, was wondering, is this
> the only cache needed by Server?
>
> So, if other modules need caching, they may have to re-implement the
> cache like Presence Cache.
>
> How about having Cache implemntation as part of Server and required
> modules can either extend it or
> use the global implementation.
>
> wdyt?

There are a few things the server needs to have quick access to:
rosters, active sessions, resource ids etc.
Some XMPP extension mights needs this, too. They will have very
specific requirements, though.

"Caching" is an optimization strategy to improve throughput and scalability.
Currently, we have no idea where we need to optimize, haven't we?

What do you think would be the benefit of introducing such a "global
implementation"? What would be its features and benefits?

  Bernd