Hi!

2009/8/15 Martin Zruban <zru...@b-ideas.eu>:
> I recently came across the Vysper project and I was thinking about
> implementing a gateway for other IM protocols. To be precise, I thought
> about implementing it as the XEP-0100 extension [1] and I considered
> inspiring myself with Kraken IM plugin for Openfire [2] . Since I'm new to
> Vysper, I'd like to ask:
> Has anyone tried or considered implementing the gateway, if so, any tips?
> Is it the right approach to try implementing it as a XEP?
>
> [1]  http://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0100.html
> [2]  http://sourceforge.net/projects/kraken-gateway/

As far as I know there were no efforts to implement the XEP-0100 up to
now, but it would be completely awesome if you could start it! There
is a extension roadmap (yet, a little outdated) available here[1].

I think, it's best to look at some of the existing extensions to get a
feeling how to start. At least that is what I did :) There's also some
information on our Wiki[2].

If you've any questions, we'll be happy to work them out together.

Cheers,
Michael

 1: http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/VYSPER/Extension+Roadmap
 2: http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/VYSPER/Extending+the+Server