On Mon, Aug 17, 2009 at 4:56 PM, Bernd Fondermann<bf_...@brainlounge.de> wrote:
>> I still don't understand how StanzaHandlerLookup would be able to
>> understand that this should not go to PresenceHandler again. Or maybe
>> we need to change StanzaHandlerLookup to be able to distinguish
>> between outbound and inbound stanzas and provide different handlers?
>
> ok. now there's a point. in/out-bound is only determined in the
> PresenceHandler.
>
> Let's take a step back. Say there is no conference.vysper.org. How would
> MUC work then? MUC would behave as an in-server session, which can be
> addressed like any client session can.
> A client sends directed presence to co...@vysper.org. How would MUC
> receive this stanza?
>
> My answer is, that the server would (have to) know where to route the
> inbound stanza. This illustrates both the outbound and inbound step in
> handling. But instead, in this case, the server routes to the component
> only _after_ the outbound handling took place. This would happen in the
> StanzaRelayBroker, where federated inbound stanzas will appear.

I think that would be a great solution. As you point out (and as
discussed here last week), MUC can currently only handle chats on a
subdomain. Having a solution where that is optional would be
beneficial. This also means that the SubdomainNamespaceHandler
implementation I came up with is pretty much broken.

Would you have the time to look into implementing this? I don't think
I got sufficient knowledge of the Vysper internals to get this right.

/niklas