On Nov 28, 2009, at 6:03 PM, Ashish wrote:

What about the assertion that new filters only get created to simulate a
state machine?

So what's the best way proceed forward, now that we had a quite a good
discussion :-)

CODE IT UP!  :)

Actually, when ever I make an API, I usually drive the API design by actual coding examples. Take for example how I drove the design of the HTTP client by implementing the Amazon S3/EC2 clients. My mantra is that if the client use case doesn't use it then it doesn't go into the API. Also, I design against interfaces so that implementation details don't clutter my API
thinking.

I can do to mock implementations for async HTTP and for an ASN1 codec.

Yup. Had a quick chat with Emm yesterday :-)
Will check in some initial thoughts and then we can slice and dice it
up to make it a beauty :-)))

Cool!

What about the assertion that new filters only get created to simulate a state machine?

Regards,
Alan