On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 11:33 PM, Alan D. Cabrera <l...@toolazydogs.com>wrote:

> On Feb 4, 2010, at 1:26 AM, Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:
>
>  Hi guys,
>>
>> I'm looking with the listener Interface. Listeners can be attached to a
>> IoService in order to react on some events. In MINA 2, the list of events
>> those listener can be activated for is :
>> - service activation
>> - service deactivation
>> - service idle
>>

> I'm not entirely sure what a service is.  My confusion lies in my
> experience as a service being a very application specific thing.  This being
> said, I'm not sure it belongs to a communications API.

In MINA's  terminology, a Service is a Connector or an Acceptor. The
listeners are associated with a service activation. I'm not sure what can be
an idle service... A Connector/Acceptor with no data being send or received
for, say, one minute ?

>  - session created
>> - session deleted
>>

> The notion of sessions is a nebulous thing.  For example, I could have a
> stack where "inside" there could be many sessions for every session that an
> application layer sees.  To be sure one needs to track sessions from the
> "NIC" standpoint.  If what I have said makes sense then I would create an
> IoSessionListener interface.

A Session in MINA is associated with a connection being opened between a
client and a server. Usually, it does not carry to much data -unless the
developper wants to inject some into it-, but it's used internally to store
references to the encoder/decoder to use, or to manage the SSL negociation
being processed (AFAIR). It's really like a servlet session.

I'm not sure that I get what you try to say about the application layer and
sessions...