On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 2:27 PM, Sai Pullabhotla
<sai.pullabho...@jmethods.com> wrote:
> Why not have asterisk(s) represent allow all?

I think we should stick to using CIDR notation.

0.0.0.0/0 should work, if it doesn't that's a bug in our current
implementation and needs fixing.

For my 2 cents, I think a white list filter should work as:
* If the list of subnets is empty: allow all IP addresses
* As soon as a subnet/IP address is added, only allow for that

This would save our users from having to keep track of the state of
the filter themselves (and move it in or out ióf the filter chain).

/niklas