Time to be back to 3.0 :)

We had couple of discussions around Filter Chain, Selectors etc.
Meanwhile, I just took a step back and was wondring how would we pass
on data around aka buffer design.

>From our 3.0 design page we have these two bullets

- We should not wrap ByteBuffer into our own IoBuffer class. We should
have a list of ByteBuffers instead, containing all the ByteBuffers..
- The chain API should be modified to expose Streams of generic types
(Stream<K>) instead of IoBuffer, allowing us to add more than one
codec filter in the chain (each Filter being aware of the kind of
Object it can manipulate)

I think it would be a good idea to have some brain storming around
this and have something concrete for this. Since it will be one of the
core constructs, we would need it at most of the places.

Thoughts?

thanks
ashish