There was a vulnerability discovered in TLS recently.
One fix is to switch off renegotitation.

Maybe you are running into this issue, but you'd have to check for yourself.

>From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transport_Layer_Security :

A vulnerability of the renegotiation procedure was discovered in August
2009 that can lead to plaintext injection attacks against SSLv3 and all
current versions of TLS. For example, it allows an attacker who can
hijack an https connection to splice their own requests into the
beginning of the conversation the client has with the web server. The
attacker can't actually decrypt the client-server communication, so it
is different from a typical man-in-the-middle attack. A short-term fix
is for web servers to stop allowing renegotiation, which typically will
not require other changes unless client certificate authentication is used.
<<<<

See also this blog post from Ben Laurie:
http://www.links.org/?p=840

HTH,

  Bernd