On 27.12.10 13:29, Niklas Gustavsson wrote:
Bernd, this is the patch we spoke about yesterday about changing the
StanzaHandler lookup. Please review. It currently passes all unit
tests and I've done some basic manual testing. It also contains a demo
of how it could be used for catching XMPP Ping responses.

+1, patch works well on trunk, I don't detect any collateral damage.

For IQ responses, I think we'd need more supporting infrastructure.
I'd like to see some kind of continuation/future mechanism:
1. server sends IQ request + records a continuation in case the IQ result/error arrives
2.1. IQ result arrives: 'regular' continuation is invoked.
2.2. IQ error arrives: depending on the error case indicated in the response, IQ request might been retried, or connections is canceled. 2.3. IQ response doesn't arrive in time: some fallback is invoked, for example sending another IQ, or setting a status.

  Bernd