On Jun 16, 2011, at 1:23 PM, Julien Vermillard wrote:

> Hi,
> Answer inline
>
> On Thu, Jun 16, 2011 at 6:34 AM, Alan D. Cabrera <l...@toolazydogs.com> wrote:
>>
>> Very cool!  I have a few questions.
>>
>> Why have a class for WriteQueue and not simply use Queue<WriteRequest>?
>
> Was my first thought actually WriteQueue is an empty extends of
> Queue<WriteRequest>
> I think we can change it to Queue because I see no needs of custome
> fields/method there.
>
>> Why have an interface WriteRequest and not simply use Object?
>>
> It's for keeping the reference to the future and complete it once the
> message is sent.

Not sure that a WriteRequest is required for that.  Couldn't you store the
future in a map keyed off the object?

>> Why do we have IoSessionFuture, CloseFuture, ConnectFuture and WriteFuture
>> and not simply use Future<>?
>>
> I didn't took a look at Future for now, but yes I think killing
> IoFuture and trying to stick to java 5.0 Future is the idea.

You should take a look at my IoFuture.  I've extended it to allow for clients
to register listeners.  Quite handy.

>> A long time ago I also took a stab a Mina 3 API.  Mine was driven by an
>> async HTTP implementation.  It would be neat if we could merge the two sets
>> of ideas; not sure how much time I can devote to this in the short term
>> though.  :)
>
> Same here, it's going slow but continuously anyway keep dropping ideas !

Very cool.  I'll still keep updating my copy in the sandbox to incorporate your
stuff as well.  It will serve as a nice comparison between what you have on
your branch and mine.

Regards,
Alan