I don't think we should try to map the session concept on top of UDP. It
think this is something that should be done at the user level.
Let me explain a little
Using UDP, as a server, the only information you have is there is one
message (and not packet) from this address.
If you map the session concept based on the remote address, I don"t see how
this can be handled as UDP does not guaranty the order of the messages.
So if you want to implement a session, this can be done only on the user
level where you must have something that will mimic what TCP does
(ordering, retransmission,...).
So I would opt for a session-less solution but allowing to retrieve
information needed (I think this is restricted to the remote socket
address) to implement sessions on the user level.

WDYT ?
Jeff

--
Jeff MAURY