Le 5/5/13 11:13 AM, Julien Vermillard a écrit :
> Hi Ashish !
>

> Do we plan to introduce it 3.0?
>
> I first coded one, but after thinking twice, I start to agree with
> Emmanuel here. We should provide facilities for the different use case
> :
> TLV, pattern matching termination, fixed length accumulation and for
> the more complex use case : IO buffer composite for doing it in your
> buffer.
>
> My main issue is compatibility. I think a lot of MINA 2 base code is
> using the CumulativeProtocolDecoder.

As MINA 3.0 will not use a filter for the codec, anyway, the
compatibility is not any more guaranteed.

Last time I did the migration from Mina 1.0 to MINA 2.0 on ApacheDS, I
had to ditch all th MINA 1 related code. It took me one day to get it
working with MINA 2, which is quite short if you consider the complexity
of the code (we use MINA for LDAP, Kerberos, DHCP, DNS, NTP...)

I would not be too concerned about that as soon as we have a decent
documentation for MINA 3 (and looking back to what we offered in MINA 1
and 2, that would be a great change !).