The Apache SSHD project is pleased to announce the release of SSHD 2.2.0
version.

Apache SSHD is a 100% pure java library to support the SSH protocols on both
the client and server side. This library can leverage Apache MINA and also
Netty - scalable and high performance asynchronous I/O libraries. SSHD does
not really aim at being a replacement for the SSH client or SSH server from
Unix operating systems, but rather provides support for Java based
applications requiring SSH support.

A few backward incompatible changes have been made since the previous release,
thus the version has been named 2.3 accordingly, in order to emphasize this
fact. The major issues addressed in this release are listed below:

    https://github.com/apache/mina-sshd/blob/master/docs/changes/2.3.0.md

The most noteworthy ones to highlight are

* https://tools.wordtothewise.com/rfc/rfc8308 KEX extension negotiation
support
* Add support for RSA + SHA-256/512 signatures. Note: according to RFC -
8332 - section 3.3 <https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc8332#section-3.3>
* Added session level heartbeat mechanism via SSH_MSG_IGNORE or customized
user provided code
* Added capability to request a reply for the keepalive@... heartbeat
request in order to avoid client-side session timeout due to no traffic
from server.
* Using FSYNC on SCP/SFTP files locally (configurable behavior)
* Reduced internal locking dependencies to avoid deadlocks

Users are encouraged to read the documentation available at
https://github.com/apache/mina-sshd/tree/sshd-2.3.0
<https://github.com/apache/mina-sshd/tree/sshd-2.2.0> which has been
updated to reflect the necessary code changes.

We recommend all users to upgrade to this release - we consider this a stable
and production ready release.