I am not sure I understand exactly what you mean - however, it seems that
you are on the right track. Assuming indeed that  SFTPMinaClientConnector
is a prototype bean all you need to do is initialize a session + SFTP on
connect and tear  them down on close. From what you describe though, it
seems that your implementation of  the  SFTPMinaClientConnector is somehow
not a true prototype bean. If it were, then each thread would receive a
fresh (!) instance with its own session, so  closing it would not affect
the instances being used by other threads. In order words, make sure each
thread opens its own session and closes it once finished,

>> Do the connections get cached for every user?

No,  there is no such caching by MINA SSHD

>>  How can I have a different connection object for the same user

Just create a new  session to the same user - each session is independent
regardless of whether it is connected to  the same user as another one.