On 23/04/2020 10:44, Anna Kukliansky wrote:

You are right, this is exactly our goal. It's just that the new NioAcceptor we implemented is a pretty simple extension over the existing NioSocketAcceptor (which I'm changing here to support inheritance), and it's a shame to duplicate all of the code.

A bit more context: we have long-running tcp connections, which we don't want to disconnect. When we deploy new code to our servers we start it with a new class loader, and pass the sockets from the old code to the new one. What we did is fork Mina (with the changes I'm suggesting here), so we can extend NioSocketAcceptor to support this functionality. This is working well for us, but we'd like to get rid of this fork.

Ah, now it makes more sense to me.

Ok, I think it's a no brainer. I may take a bit of time this week-end to check some other MINA patches, in order to cut a release in the coming days. That may take a week or two, I'm currently pretty much under the water with many other tasks.