On 18/01/2022 14:06, Jonathan Valliere wrote:
Yes, I added that specifically for anyone who needed that attribute I removed. Unlike that attribute of disable once, this is completely safe to use.

But sadly, it can't be used from the outside.

The typical use from an application PoV is :

        session.getIoSession().write( message );

and it ends with:

    public WriteFuture write(Object message, SocketAddress remoteAddress) {
        // Now, we can write the message. First, create a future
        WriteFuture writeFuture = new DefaultWriteFuture(this);
WriteRequest writeRequest = new DefaultWriteRequest(message, writeFuture, remoteAddress);

That means we should bypass this part, which would require some modification in this method.

On Tue, Jan 18, 2022 at 3:12 AM Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com <mailto:elecha...@gmail.com>> wrote:

    On 18/01/2022 05:04, Jonathan Valliere wrote:
     > Doesn't the DisableEncryptionWriteRequest get you where you need
    to go?
     > Just wrap the startTLS message and pass upstream into the SSLFilter.

    You mean DisableEncryptWriteRequest, I guess. Yes, that should do the
    trick !

    Will test it and tell you...

    Thanks !

-- Emmanuel Lécharny

--
*Emmanuel Lécharny - CTO* 205 Promenade des Anglais – 06200 NICE
T. +33 (0)4 89 97 36 50