Hi Gary,

I'm currently working on FTP Server for a week now. My goals are to get MINA 2.2.2 replace the previous version, and to get a grip on teh FTP serve code base.

The first step is pretty much on its way, with a few road blocks:
- there were some API changes that needed to be addressed (done)
- there is still an issue with the TLS layer when launching a AUTH command. The MINA 2.2.X branch deals with TLS negociation in a different way (see https://mina.apache.org/mina-project/2.2-vs-2.1.html). I have created a StartTLS filter class in FTPServer to deal with the message, but so far, it's not good enough - there is also a confusion in the tests, which are using the getAuth() method to get the AUTH encrypting method (TLS or SSL), and to get the TLS version to use. Thi was not playing well when you were setting the getAuth() return to "TLSv1.2" for instance. I created another method for that purpose, and that should work

Bottom line, it's a work i, progress, not totally committed.