Clarifying as I think Isabel was too gentle :)

Before coming to Apache, there had been much talk of redoing the website,
perhaps via a dayjob contribution. I double checked at ApacheCon with Sally
that that was sane (corporate contribution of a website design).

The evolution of that conversation is that Seb & Dom (as part of their
dayjob at Amazon) have a proposal for a new look and feel. They would like
feedback. There is no pPMC activity here Dom/Seb, this is you personally
proposing a website redesign to the MXNet PPMC, of which you are not a part.

Currently the MXNet committers/PPMC are very strongly code-focused. As an
Amazon employee, I love that we (Amazon) have non-coders interested in
working on the project. I dream of a day where project managers, web
designers, tech editors, paper writing scientists and evangelists are able
to be committers too. We (Apache) want that - Apache committers should be a
diverse bunch, not just coders.

This kind of pain point is going to happen. Apache have a general
too-code-focused culture, which we (Apache) acknowledge. Until we (MXNet)
are more open to adding non-coding committers (in deed as well as word),
trying to contribute outside of coding is like trying to move a Snorlax[1].

Hen

1 - https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Snorlax_(Pok%C3%A9mon)