GitHub shows red warnings for PRs that didn't pass all the tests. You
should never merge PRs which are red, or not current anymore (this
could also be a red status indicator).
If the failing tests can't be resolved quickly it might be worth
splitting the tests between stable / unstable and have different
status indicators for these tests.
Then people can see easily if the PR is breaking the stable tests.

Jörn