Option 2 works for us over in REEF. We are a bit (too) religious about it
[0], but it creates really nice commit messages[1].

We require each commit message to start with a one line summary which names
the JIRA in brackets and describes the change, e.g. `[REEF-1234] Added
integration with mxnet`. The remainder of the commit message is valid
markdown, and they all end in a block which contains explicit references to
the JIRA and pull request:

```
JIRA:
  [REEF-1234](https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/REEF-1234)

Pull Request:
  This closes #1234
```

The hope is that this structure will eventually proof useful in automated
analysis. Then again, we haven't done that ever :)

Markus

[0]: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/REEF/Commit+Messages
[1]: https://github.com/apache/reef/commits/master