Pedro,

i don’t know if you’ve ever done much development or not, but during
development, it’s quite common to comment out arbitrary lines of code,
create a variable only for debug inspection, or other things that will
generate warnings, but are actually intentional.  causing a compile error i
this case would not be acceptable, in my opinion.

as for the any compiler issue, if someone is using a newer gcc or clang,
and while it only has 2 new warning, they appear in 200 places, are you
saying it’s the responsibility of this poor community developer to fix all
of those warnings? or they can open up a JIRA to your team and you will fix
them?