+1 for hour-glass CAPI design. It is there for very good reason. For
example, if you are windows user an want to build your app using mingw,
current way works. While the raw c++ approach won’t due to the fact cuda is
only supported by MSVC.

The argument that c++ api itself is more elegant and fast is not
necessarily valid. Always remember Amdahl’s Law, the additional overhead
saved by directly using are not the bottleneck.

The effectiveness of core engine, on the other hand will be on the critical
path, and we rely on constantly improving this which can mean break
backward compatibility if C++ api layer is exposed

Tianqi